FAQ about getting a visa for Spain.
Popular destinations in Spain

FAQs about Student Visas

Don’t forget about your visa! Not everyone needs one, but you might! It will depend on what country you are traveling to, where your passport is from and how long you are staying in the country. Oh, and don’t forget to make sure your passport is not expiring soon. Read below for some more information.

Will I need a visa for Spain?

  • Citizens of countries belonging to the European Union do not need Visas to enter Spain.
  • Citizens of many countries (such as USA, Brazil, Japan, Korea, etc.) can enter Spain for a period of 3 months without a visa. If you are going to stay longer you should apply for student visa (type D) before coming to Spain.
  • Students coming from other countries should inform themselves about the requirements for obtaining a VISADO (VISA) at their nearest Spanish Embassy or Consulate.
  • Enforex assists students in applying for visa and can issue a special invitation letter.


Do I need a visa to travel to any of the language schools in South America?

You may need a visa depending on what country you are traveling to, where you are from and for how long you will be staying. Check the destination country's visa requirments online.

American's can easily check if they need a visa requirements at this website: https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/country.html


Where can I find out the status of my country's embassy or consulate at my destination?

The website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Spain has a complete list with the address of consulates and embassies in the different Spanish cities.


What happens if I enrol in a course and afterwards I don’t get my visa?

Students who require any type of student visa for their course and have to cancel their course due to visa issues, must send an official original certified document from the Embassy. Depending on your nationality, money you have already paid and the moment you cancel your course, refunds can take place. For further information please contact info@enforex.com


Is it complicated to apply for a visa?

SA tourist visa is good for a 90-day stay. Once you reserve your course and accommodations with us, we will send you an official letter of invitation to help complete the process of obtaining a visa.A student visa requires an official letter of invitation, written proof that you have accommodations for your first few weeks in Spain and a receipt from your reserved course.For more information, please contact us. We are available to help find your perfect Spanish course, as well as help you receive the appropriate visa.


Learn more and register for a course with no commitment

20 types of Spanish programs for all ages, accommodation & excellent services.

Chat with us