Why Learn Spanish?
Some of the many reasons to learn Spanish are...
- Spanish is the second most widely spoken language in the world and the native tongue of 7% of the world’s population.
- Spanish is the official language of more than 22 countries, with upwards of 35 million Spanish speakers in the USA alone.
- There are over 16,429 Spanish-language journals, 254 television channels and 5,112 radio stations.
- It is one of the most important languages in international business and political meetings and is an official language in the EU, MERCOSUR, UNESCO, the UN, GATT, ONUDI & U.I.T.
- Some of the finest masterpieces of world literature are written in Spanish, including Don Quijote de la Mancha, One Hundred Years of Solitude and much more.
- Approximately 1000 Spanish words have been adopted by other languages, including English, French and Japanese.
- Business negotiations and trade agreements in both hemispheres hinge more and more on the economic importance of Spanish.
- The demand for learning Spanish has more than doubled in the last 10 years. In 15 years there will be 500 million Spanish speakers in the world.