Vocabulary about Summer dress
You arrive at your destination, a beautiful Spanish beach, you unpack your suitcase... and you realize that you don’t have any clothes! What can you do? Well, do not worry, here we have the main items of clothes that you can look for in a market, or in the shop by the beach...
- Bañador: A bathing suit, any garment that is generally used during the bathing activity. Then we would clarify whether it is a bikini, swimming trunks... etc.
- Bermudas: the same as in English, they are trunks whose trouser legs go down to the knees; but in Spanish they are also called bathing suits "trunks"
- Camiseta: T-shirt, a one piece upper garment that can have short sleeves or straps.
- Cangrejeras: It is a type of closed sandal, generally made of plastic, designed to allow you to walk on rocky beaches. Its name comes from the first users of this shoe who were crab pickers.
- Chanclas: Flip-flops, in general, are any type of plastic or leather shoe used to go to the beach or swimming pool. In the case of footwear that has a strip that separates the big toe from the rest of the toes, we refer to this as a "Brazilian flip-flop".
- Gafas de sol: Glasses with tinted lenses that protect your eyes from the direct light of the sun.
- Rebeca: Light, thread jackets that are ideal to protect oneself from any gusts of cold night air. It is the famous cardigan, which in Spain has adopted the name “Rebeca”, because the protagonist of the Hitchcock film of the same name wore the same garment.
This is a short list, but we think that these are the most useful items. If not, tell us, and we will add other words to this vocabulary. All of this is to make you feel more comfortable in summer.