The Museo Cortijo Miraflores (Cortijo Miraflores Museum) is an active and versatile little cultural center housed in what, centuries ago, was a country estate. It hosts all sorts of cultural events throughout the year, ranging from lectures to music, meetings and exhibitions.
The original building was constructed in 1706 by Don Tomás Francisco Domínguez y Godoy as part of his country estate, which also included oil and sugar mills. The building underwent numerous changes over the years, such as the expansion of the house and the addition of gardens in 1756. Both the building and the surrounding gardens took on their present look in the 19th century, which is also when the estate began to be known as the Cortijo de Miraflores.
It was abandoned for years and fell into disrepair, but was renovated and made suitable for a museum, which would include spaces not only for exhibitions but also for other cultural activities. In one of the museum's rooms you can find the old oil mill and see the old process for extracting oil from olives.