Ecuador Cultural Activities
The Quito Spanish school plans 2-4 activities per week for students to gain a deeper understanding of the country of Ecuador, its history and its people. In addition to lectures, you'll take trips to places of interest such as museums, fruit markets, professional soccer games, and a night at the folkloric ballet. There is no limit to the amount of activities you can sign up for.
Most activities cost no more than $3, which is used to pay for public transportation or entrance tickets to museums and other attractions. Free activities include: dance lessons, lectures, videos in Spanish, soccer game between teachers and students, and more.
The most common Ecuador activities are:
- Visit to the monument of the "Virgen de Quito" or "El Panecillo"
- Visit to the monument of "La Cima de la Libertad"
- Trips to colonial churches and convents
- Visit to the Presidential Palace
- A guided trip to the fruit market
- Salsa and Merengue dance classes
- Ecuadorian cooking lessons
Ecuador Weekend Excursions
Trip prices depend on the proximity of the destination and the duration of the excursion.
Examples of popular excursions:
- The thermal baths at Papallacta
- The cloud forest of Mindo and Hacienda La Escondida
- Otavalo & Saquisilí (Indian markets)
- Mitad del Mundo (Equator and Inca sites)
- National park Cotopaxi
- Volcano Pichincha
- Cuyabeno Reserve